We are publishing an interview of Ms. Neha Yaduvanshi, Founder & MD, Vastada Consulting.
What is your expertise?
I have expertise in Executive Management, Business Strategy, Strategic Planning, Management Consulting, Business Planning, Competitive Analysis, Leadership Development, Project Management, Brand Management, Innovation Management, Conflict Management, Startegic Franchise Planning, Event Management, Organiational Development, Market Research & Analysis, Team Management, Product Development, PR & Corporate Communication, Digital Marketing
Please let us know about your brief background before starting the venture.
- Former Manager Programs Development-Automation Industry Association
- Former Brand Manager-MMTC PAMP India, MMTC Ltd
- Former Assistant Brand Manager-Franchise India Brands Ltd
- Former Sales Executive-Global Green Company Ltd, Avantha Group
Over the course of 8 years during her various assignments, Neha Yaduvanshi has served in a variety of strategic & leadership roles and successfully consulted the top management of 60 MNCs to plan their strategic growth in India. She is widely recognized in the consulting industry for her expertise in creating the corporate strategy, program management, product management, forming strategic alliances and developing marketing programs.
She is ultimately responsible for all aspects of the firm’s strategy, team & operations. She is committed to delivering profitable & sustainable results to the clients.
List all the names of the core team members, along with their skill-sets, specific domain expertise & designated roles. How do you see them evolving over time?
- Subodh Bhatnagar: Chief Mentor & Chief Consultant-Human Potential Management- Responsibilities: Guide clients in Learning & Development, Human Resource Management, Policy Analysis & Leadership, Management Education, Training & Workshops, System Analysis& Consulting
- Abhishek: General Counsel – Abhishek oversees all legal and compliances matters for Vastada Consulting. His key priorities comprises of advising the clients on a wide range of business matters, including firm acquisition, strategic hires, geographic expansion and growth strategy. He also helps clients in managing legal function, government affairs, public policy, corporate responsibility, philanthropy, and ethics and compliance functions.
- Krishma: Chief IT Consultant- Krishma is instrumental in defining the technology and architecture for our clients. She is responsible for leading all product & technologies and driving innovation. She is focused on developing IT processes; bringing a new design & user experience, expanding technology platforms and transforming the client’s innovation culture.
- Shambhavi Yadav: Responsibilities: Analysis of the client’s business strategy and intelligence. Working on international business growth, business models, growth strategy & business profitability.
- Ankit Handa: Chief Financial Consultant- Responsibilities: Corporate Finance, Business Finance, Risk Management, Inventory Managemnt, Cost Management and Operations Planning & Assurance
What is the problem you are trying to solve? Can you share with us any insights that led you to believe that this is a big enough problem?
After working with the top management in the corporate world for many years I realized that companies are making strategies focused on short-term profit and immediate success. Companies fail to recognize their true potential and capability to play a bigger role in the society. I believe an organization is a very important part of our world and has a bigger role to play in the life of human beings by delivering healthy products and quality services, as well as building a happy and protected environment for internal and external stakeholders. And with this belief and determination to transform the way companies make their strategies, I started Vastada Consulting
What challenges did you face when you were starting out?
Being young and into consulting, many times prospect says” You are very young, how are going to help us in business growth”. Then I always come up with sustainable and innovative solutions that surprise them and they also refer us to other companies.
Right skill set in employees: As consulting is a very crucial field and a client’s future depends on the solutions provided by you. So, hiring the right team and getting them to invest their lot of time in extensive research and analysis was a big thing for me. Now, all our team understand the importance of research and analysis.
Finance: As we never tried to get investment, sustaining our business for the first year was challenging. But with our good work, willpower and trust in our capability kept us driving and now we have enough funds from our own hard work to sustain and grow us in consulting business.
How did you get the initial capital? What returns does it have? Tell us about the investors (if any)
I invested all my savings into my consulting firm. There was a time in the business when I had zero account balance as I invested all my money into infrastructure, employees and business growth. But I am happy the way things turn out well for me and now we are a reputed and trusted name in the consulting business.
Please tell us about the Product / Solution. Explain how you went about the Product-Market Fit Process.
Our list of services includes:
1. Research & Analysis
2. Multi-Dimensional Campaigns
3. Media Planning & Buying
4. 360* Marketing
5. Creative Strategy
6. Social Media
7. Event Management & Training Workshops
8. Public Relations
To know more about our work, visit : http://www.vastadaconsulting.com/work.html
What were your assumptions when you entered the market, learning that you have?
I have been working with the top management since the starting of my career. So, I had no assumptions about the consulting business. But I have key learning:
Always prepare more than you have asked for to prove your value and knowledge and the results will be in your favor.
What is the insight that you have about this market, which no one else has? Uniqueness about your Startup.
We are the only consultancy firm in India providing following solutions:
- Creating and shaping a long-term growth strategy focused on the right choice of products, services & communications adaptable to future economic and market conditions.
- Creating customized intelligent strategic and marketing solutions for organizations to build trust and connections with employees, customers, partners and the society.
What is the strength of the startup and the scale of operations? Who do You Perceive as Your Competition?
We are the consulting firm which works on the core values of sustainability, co-existence, and trust. We believe in the concept of working together so we don’t perceive any company as our competitor. But definitely, there are multi national companies like BCG and PWC and they are our inspiration and we aspire to be as big as them in operations and presence in 20 years.
Who are the consumers that you are targeting? How is this going to affect them?
We have consumers across all industries and sectors.
How did you get your first customer?
What is the big picture of your startup? Is this Product leading to something bigger? If so, how?
We believe an organization is a very important part of our world and has a bigger role to play in the life of human beings by delivering healthy products and quality services, as well as building a happy and protected environment for internal and external stakeholders. We want to create organizations which are alive, innovative and self-sustainable.
What would be your goal to accomplish in the next six months?
We are going to open office in Bangalore, Lucknow & Mumbai. We are also planning to have international presence by starting our operations and opening our office in USA & Europe.
What message do you want to convey to fellow entrepreneurs?
Have faith in yourself and work for a bigger concept and deliver unique and sustainable solutions to your customers. And always look out for innovative and new ideas to keep your business growing.
Any other information you would like to share:
We have also initiated a very concept CEO’s Face-off. This concept of Vastada Consulting helps the top management of an organization to understand the current situation of their company, give clarity on their strategic visibility and assist them to define their strategic direction and goals.